John Ray’s Space Adventure
The search for the ancient Xec device
Archeology, Adventure, Artifacts. To excavate where no space archeologist has dug before.
A retro point and click adventure game about John Ray, a space archaeologist, under contract by the wealthy Mr. Maljerk. John’s adventure begins with the search for ancient artifacts scattered throughout the local star system. These artifacts are part of a powerful device left by a technologically advanced but mostly forgotten Xec race.
Travel between planets, talk to people and robots, make friends, collect inventory items, solve puzzles and interact with the world. This is gameplay in the best point and click tradition.
Game design, writing and development by one indie developer.
– John Ray’s Space Adventure is a classic point & click adventure game.
– Beautiful pixel art (hope you like it).
– Wonderful scenes and worlds are waiting to be discovered.
– Players become John Ray, a space archeologist.
– There are many characters to talk to.
– There is some humor and surprises.
– Items can be collected and used to solve inventory puzzles.
– John can interact with objects and inventory items.
– Atmospheric ambient music and cool sound effects (see the credits to check out more from the musicians).
– The game is in English without a voice-over for a classic gaming experience.
– A hotspot-highlighting-function helps minimize pixel hunting.
– Save game slots manually or use the convenient auto-save.
– An advanced adventure game player will probably need a weekend to finish it, less experienced players may need one to two weeks.
– An indie game from beginning to the end.
– Available for iOS and Mac, so you can play it via touch or with a mouse.